Equinox Business Law Group is a different kind of law firm: we focus on providing real value to our business clients and real balance for our team members.
Business is our passion, and everything we do focuses on serving our clients and growing our own business.
Our clients are business owners and their leadership teams looking to make smart decisions to build thriving, successful companies. They view our team as an extension of theirs, not only as legal counsel but for business advice as well because our lawyers have experience as entrepreneurs, corporate counsel and business managers.
Our company is innovative, providing businesses with a better way to work with legal counsel. Our vision is to engage with businesses as partners where they are encouraged to leverage the value of their legal team rather than avoiding it. Our attorneys are excited about engaging with businesses at a deeper level, helping them to solve problems for the long term, not just addressing today’s legal needs.
Our team members are lawyers and non-lawyers with business backgrounds. With this insight, our conversations with clients are focused on business goals and both legal and non-legal tools to achieve the goals. We work as a team to provide unique business and legal experiences to serve our clients and we learn from one another every day. We value and encourage work-life balance, allowing our team to work from home, have flexible schedules to fit their lives and take real vacations.
Equinox is seeking an entrepreneurial minded business attorney to serve our clients and grow our business. The attorney will work directly with business owners and their leadership teams to address business decisions at all stages of the business’ life cycle from startup to exit. The attorney will also work directly with Equinox’s leadership team to develop internal processes and actively support marketing and business development efforts to grow our brand and our company.
Our ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in corporate law with experience in or an understanding of both the business and legal aspects of being a business owner; is highly organized and self-directed; a problem solver; has excellent written and verbal communication skills; and who values a team approach to serving clients.
- Engages proactively with business clients to understand their goals
- Provides pragmatic solutions to address clients’ business questions and concerns
- Builds client relationships based on trust and value
- Collaborates with clients and other team members to deliver high quality, business focused solutions to clients
- Assists company in sales and marketing efforts including writing articles, leading presentations, and meeting with clients and prospective clients
- Proactively stays abreast of both business and legal issues that affect our clients
- Highly organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Commitments to excellence and continuous improvement
- Resourceful and able to use own judgement to solve problem
- Results oriented
- Experienced in business law in the following areas: governance, contracts, purchase and sale transactions, commercial leases, securities, trademarks, real estate
- Strong critical thinking, interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Desires to collaborate and build teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly professional
- Ability to acquire understanding and absorb information rapidly
- Strong desire to achieve
- Positive can-do attitude
- Growth oriented
- Desires to be a mentor
Equinox Business Law Group offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, 401(k), bonus opportunity and generous paid time off. More information about Equinox can be found at www.equinoxbusinesslaw.com
If you are interested in this position and believe you are a good fit for the Equinox team, please email your resume and cover letter to Michelle Bomberger at email@example.com